Layton Police say search continues for teenager missing from treatment center
LAYTON, Utah — An investigation by Layton Police into a missing teen continues. A 16-year-old referred to only by her first name, Natalee, reportedly ran away from a treatment center last Thursday.
Layton Police told KSL 5 TV’s Shara Park that Natalee had been at the facility for two weeks. They said that when she saw an opportunity to run away, she took it.
Police said they don’t have any indication that Natalee is in trouble. However, they are concerned because she is not from Utah, and may not know anyone in the state.
Natalee does not depend on medication according to police. Additionally, there have been no reported cases of abuse to authorities, regarding the treatment center.
Natalee was last seen wearing a gray shirt, along with shorts. She had black socks on, but no shoes. She was last seen in the area of 2000 W. Gordon Avenue in Layton.
If you have information on the missing teenager, you are asked to call Layton Police at 801-497-8300. Please call 911 if there is an emergency.
- Layton Police warn residents to be on the outlook for fake gold scam
- 7-year-old boy in Layton critically injured after being hit by a car
- Body found at Bear Lake has been identified as missing woman from Layton
Today’s Top Stories
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Hurricane days were like snow days
- So. Salt Lake Police identify victim in officer-involved shooting
- The plan to build an inland port/commerce hub is on hold