Police discover 7.3 lbs. of Fentanyl in St. George traffic stop
ST. GEORGE, Utah — St. George Police say a traffic stop last weekend near the Utah-Arizona border resulted in a drug bust that saw authorities confiscate roughly 7.3 lbs. of Fentanyl.
According to a posting on Facebook by St. George Police, that is roughly 30,000 Fentanyl pills.
St. George News reports that a black minivan was pulled over on the night of Sept. 10 for an alleged lane violation on northbound I-15 near milepost 3. However, police also say the vehicle was traveling into Utah 10 miles over the posted speed limit.
St. George News also reports during the traffic stop as the officer was talking to the suspect, the officer noticed a strong odor of burnt marijuana from inside the vehicle.
Police say Liliana Velezquez was arrested and booked for investigation of intent to distribute and drug possession (marijuana).
- 2020 data shows an increase in drug overdoses for minority groups
- Washington County Sheriff’s Office makes drug bust during traffic stop
- Police make a drug bust at a St. George hotel
- Antisemitic flyers found in St. George neighborhood and nationwide
- St. George Police highlight importance of video surveillance after burglaries
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Biden to test run his reelection message in his first State of the Union to a divided Congress
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Lockout lifted for Hunter High and Hunter Elementary Schools
- Course certification now required for OHV driving on Utah public land
- New bill could disrupt signature gathering path to Utah’s ballot