Police discover 7.3 lbs. of Fentanyl in St. George traffic stop
ST. GEORGE, Utah — St. George Police say a traffic stop last weekend near the Utah-Arizona border resulted in a drug bust that saw authorities confiscate roughly 7.3 lbs. of Fentanyl.
According to a posting on Facebook by St. George Police, that is roughly 30,000 Fentanyl pills.
St. George News reports that a black minivan was pulled over on the night of Sept. 10 for an alleged lane violation on northbound I-15 near milepost 3. However, police also say the vehicle was traveling into Utah 10 miles over the posted speed limit.
St. George News also reports during the traffic stop as the officer was talking to the suspect, the officer noticed a strong odor of burnt marijuana from inside the vehicle.
Police say Liliana Velezquez was arrested and booked for investigation of intent to distribute and drug possession (marijuana).
- 2020 data shows an increase in drug overdoses for minority groups
- Washington County Sheriff’s Office makes drug bust during traffic stop
- Police make a drug bust at a St. George hotel
- Antisemitic flyers found in St. George neighborhood and nationwide
- St. George Police highlight importance of video surveillance after burglaries
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- Federal, state authorities warn of return of missed jury duty, outstanding warrant scam
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties