Man arrested for attacking bus driver and threatening passengers, police say
SUNSET, Utah– A 57-year-old man was arrested for allegedly attacking a school bus driver and threatening to kill him, and everyone on board. The man is also accused of threatening and assaulting an arresting officer.
According to arrest documents, this all happened on Sept. 16 during the morning commute. The bus driver told police he was subbing that morning while driving near 1850 N. 75 W.
The driver says a man began yelling at him to stop the bus. When he did he told police that’s when the man attacked him
“He (the suspect) hit his left arm and attempted to pull him out of the bus,” documents said. “He tried to pull away and the male individual (the suspect) told him he was going to go get a gun to kill him and whoever was on the bus.”
Police later located Barry Bambrough, 57, at a residence nearby. Police said Bambrough shouted profanities at them through the door, and when asked if he had talked to a bus driver that day, he said he did.
Afterward, Bambrough allegedly told police, “I will smash your head with my sledgehammer,” documents said. Police said he then exited the back door and approached officers wearing a guitar and a long metal object. Bambrough allegedly resisted arrest before being taken to the Davis County Jail. Officers also said he threatened one of them.
“He threatened to kill me,” documents state. “He said I am going to…cut your arms and legs off of your body…rip your ears out of your head and your eyes I gave you. I am God.”
Bambrough was booked on charges of threatening terrorism, a second-degree felony, assaulting a peace officer, assaulting a school employee, interfering with an arresting officer and disorderly conduct.
Today’s Top Stories
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- The bizarre history of Groundhog Day
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- One person dead following a stabbing in Salt Lake City suspect still at large
- Bill to set target water level for the Great Salt Lake dries up
- One man dead, suspect on the run after Glendale shooting
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Davis County officials charge suspect in Layton Amber Alert