Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
SPANISH FORK, Utah – A semi drove off the right side of the road, breaking through the concrete barrier, on US-6 at milepost 185 in Spanish Fork canyon, Monday morning.
It is unknown why the vehicle veered off to the right. The semi slid for 300 feet before coming to a stop in the embankment.
The truck caught fire once stationary. The fire completely engulfed the cab.
The driver died on the scene.
Westbound lanes are closed in the area and they are alternating traffic through the scene.
Spanish Fork Fire & EMS on scene of a semi accident involving fire at Hwy. 6 MM 185. Westbound travel lanes are closed and Eastbound is down to 1 lane.
For media requests please refer to Utah Highway Patrol. https://t.co/OKn5rlaxcU pic.twitter.com/B9WNCrr6pU
— Spanish Fork Police, Fire & EMS (@SpanishForkPD) September 26, 2022
- Bluffdale crash involving semi-truck kills one
- Two-vehicle crash involving a semi closes Highway 138 on Friday
Driver in critical condition after semitruck rollover crash near Nephi
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah company with ties to polygamous group cited for violating child labor laws
- Arrest made after fatal Logan Canyon crash
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Meteorologist says only a couple more weeks of snow and rain
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Jury finds Paltrow not liable in ski collision trial
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- The search for the caller behind Utah’s 13 school hoaxes
- Utah drought conditions see “significant” improvement
- AEGIX Aim: Could this app be helpful during a school shooting?