Semi driver dies after driving off side of roadway
SPANISH FORK, Utah – A semi drove off the right side of the road, breaking through the concrete barrier, on US-6 at milepost 185 in Spanish Fork canyon, Monday morning.
It is unknown why the vehicle veered off to the right. The semi slid for 300 feet before coming to a stop in the embankment.
The truck caught fire once stationary. The fire completely engulfed the cab.
The driver died on the scene.
Westbound lanes are closed in the area and they are alternating traffic through the scene.
Spanish Fork Fire & EMS on scene of a semi accident involving fire at Hwy. 6 MM 185. Westbound travel lanes are closed and Eastbound is down to 1 lane.
— Spanish Fork Police, Fire & EMS (@SpanishForkPD) September 26, 2022
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Great Salt Lake, moisture created Tuesday’s commuter fog and maybe Wednesday’s