SALT LAKE CITY
Saturday crash killed father and 2-year-old son
Oct 3, 2022, 10:30 AM
(Utah Department of Public Safety)
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Public Safety identified the two people killed in a crash on I-215 on Saturday.
The DPS said Cache County native Travis Weight and his 2-year-old son were in a pickup that went into a ravine near 1000 South.
According to the DPS, witnesses saw the pickup traveling in a southbound lane when it suddenly left the roadway.
The truck was found upside down in a ditch filled with water.
The DPS said both Weight and his son died at the scene.
Samantha Herrera contributed to the reporting of this story.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- UHP: Three people dead in two-vehicle crash in Kane County
- D2 gets to the bottom of the impending arrest of former President Trump
- Death penalty off the table for Lori Vallow Daybell
- Utah Flooding: How to prevent and mitigate the risk
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Home prices are down and so are the size of apartments
- Utah Rivers Council selling discounted rain barrels as effort toward water conservation
- Brighton hits a milestone with 700 inches of snow
- 16-year-old dead, 2 other teens injured in fatal crash in Juab County