Saturday crash killed father and 2-year-old son
SALT LAKE CITY — The Utah Department of Public Safety identified the two people killed in a crash on I-215 on Saturday.
The DPS said Cache County native Travis Weight and his 2-year-old son were in a pickup that went into a ravine near 1000 South.
According to the DPS, witnesses saw the pickup traveling in a southbound lane when it suddenly left the roadway.
The truck was found upside down in a ditch filled with water.
The DPS said both Weight and his son died at the scene.
Samantha Herrera contributed to the reporting of this story.
Today’s Top Stories
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Trump Organization convicted in executive tax dodge scheme
- A 4-day workweek is working for Provo government
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony
- Suspected criminals on Zillow listing Utah homes for sale without homeowners’ knowledge
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Kirstie Alley, ‘Cheers’ and ‘Veronica’s Closet’ star, dead at 71
- Great Salt Lake, moisture created Tuesday’s commuter fog and maybe Wednesday’s