CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Missing Utah County Jail inmate taken back into custody Thursday
SPANISH FORK, Utah — An inmate who had gone missing from the Utah County Jail was found and taken back into custody Thursday evening.
According to Sgt. Spencer Cannon of the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, Lorilyn Homer, 53, had been in jail on felony theft changes. A judge gave Homer a 72-hour furlough. She was required to return to jail Tuesday at 5 p.m.
Cannon says now that Homer is back in custody, she faces a warrant for $50,000. She also faces one for $380 and three with no bail. Additionally, Cannon says she is being held on a probation violation.
Homer is a resident of Provo.
***Lorilyn Homer has been apprehended. Now she has one warrant for $50,000, one for $380, and 3 for no bail. She is also being held on a hold for a probation violation.*** https://t.co/UbWNniBNzd
— Spencer Cannon (@SGTCannonPIO) October 28, 2022
- Significant drug bust in Utah County lands one person in jail
- Wanted parole fugitive is taken into custody by Utah County Sheriff’s Office
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense
- Hear it Firsthand: 6 Students Share Their Executive MBA Experience at BYU’s Marriott School…
- Prison sentence reduced for ‘Real Housewives of SLC’ star Jen Shah
- Online marriage licensing gets the attention all over the world