BUSINESS + ECONOMY
Harry & Meghan series brings influx of orders to Utah small business
Dec 20, 2022, 11:00 AM | Updated: 11:33 am
(About Another Etsy page)
SALT LAKE CITY — One Utah business owner has an influx of orders after one of her personalized onesies was worn by a royal baby on the Harry & Meghan Netflix series.
Owner of About Another, Sabrina Brian, makes personalized baby onesies from her Salt Lake home and had no idea that one order filled back in May was going to be worn by the couple’s baby, Lilibet in the series.
Sabrina Brian said her sister spotted the onesie on the show, which led to a spike in business.
“It looked very familiar so I looked at my previous orders and I indeed did do the onesie so we all kind of just freaked out a little bit.”
View this post on Instagram
Once she confirmed it, Brian shared the news on her Instagram, which led to even more attention.
“Someone who had already been following me sent it to this Instagram account who had like 35,000 followers and they just ID Meghan Markle stuff. And so they ID’d it as mine and tagged me and that’s when I started getting a lot of responses.”
Brian said her inbox has been blowing up over the past few days and a magazine in the UK even interviewed her.
She’s been getting inquiries from across the world but hasn’t figured out how to ship her products overseas yet.
“Unfortunately I don’t ship to Europe yet, so I’m going to have to look into that for sure.”
Brian said she may have to limit her orders to keep demand at bay. She is the only employee of her company and runs the business from her home.
“I just do it from my house, I’m a stay-at-home mom. And so my poor fingers are going to be very busy in the next few weeks.”
The Big O Doughnut Shop announces final day
Four-year degrees no longer required for state jobs
Utah distillery business booming despite small business hurdles
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows