CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Crash in Spanish Fork Canyon claims the life of one person
Jan 12, 2023, 9:15 PM
SPANISH FORK, Utah — One person died in a two-vehicle crash Wednesday night on US-6 up Spanish Fork Canyon.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the incident occurred near milepost 185. A Honda passenger vehicle was traveling westbound when it lost control and spun into the eastbound lanes. It was struck by a Ford truck that was pulling a trailer.
It is unclear as to why the vehicle lost control.
The driver of the Honda, an adult female, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the Ford was not injured.
Both directions of US-6 were closed for roughly two hours after the crash.
No other information was provided.
- Fatal crash into building leaves two dead in Ogden
- Provo airport to reopen by mid afternoon on Wednesday after fatal crash
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Becky Edwards announces her intent to run to represent Utah’s 2nd Congressional District
- Here’s how Utah’s 4 congressmen voted on the debt ceiling bill
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation
- U of U Health, Regence insurance warn they may not reach a contract
- Woman barricades herself inside West Jordan home, then arrested
- Sen. Lee says he will vote no on debt ceiling agreement
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Lori Vallow Daybell shrugs after being handed docs about delivering up her kids, video shows