KSL IN YOUR COMMUNITY
KSL NewsRadio awarded three Regional Murrow Awards
May 10, 2023, 5:30 PM | Updated: May 11, 2023, 1:16 pm
SALT LAKE CITY — The Radio Television Digital News Association, RTDNA, awarded Utah’s Noon News, Utah’s Morning News and Follow the Ballot on KSL NewsRadio Region 3 Murrow Awards under the large market category.
RTDNA is the largest professional organization in the world dedicated to broadcast and digital journalism. The goal of the organization is to promote and protect responsible journalism, according to its webpage.
KSL NewsRadios Lindsay Aerts won in the category of News Series for her two-part election coverage called Follow the Ballot.
This news series took listeners through the life cycle of a ballot.
Specifically, Aerts explores how voter fraud is prevented, the finalization of election results, and what it looks like if an election audit occurs.
On Utah’s Noon News, Maria Shilaos and the team behind the scenes won in the Breaking News Coverage division. The team includes Kira Hoffelmeyer, Kate Davis, Jessica Lowell, and Amiee Cobabe.
The award was for the team’s coverage of a shooting at Hunter High School.
UPDATE: Victims identified, suspect in custody after deadly shooting near Hunter High School
Last, but not least, Utah’s Morning News received an award for the coverage of a freeway shutdown on I-15.
Tim Hughes and Amanda Dickson work in the studio on the show, providing listeners with information for the day ahead. Meanwhile, Randall Jeppesen and Kate Davis produce the newscast.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- Utah House leader signals change to special election law to fill Rep. Stewart’s seat
- Teenager drowns at Palisade State Park after getting caught in storm, officials say
- Witnesses report motorcycle passenger firing at silver car on NB I-15
- Salt Lake City police investigate after fatal overnight shooting outside of New Yorker night club
- Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
- Four killed, including toddler, after plane crashed in Virginia