Suspect in U. of Idaho quadruple killings indicted by grand jury
May 17, 2023, 10:57 AM | Updated: 10:58 am
(Photo by Ted S. Warren - Pool/Getty Images)
(CNN) — The suspect in the fatal stabbing last year of four University of Idaho students has been indicted by a grand jury on murder and burglary charges, a court official told CNN.
Bryan Kohberger was indicted on all five original charges – four counts of murder and one count of burglary – Latah County Deputy Court Clerk Tamzen Reeves said Wednesday.
A hearing is set for Monday.
Kohberger was arrested in December for allegedly carrying out the killings of Kaylee Goncalves, 21; Madison Mogen, 21; Xana Kernodle, 20; and Ethan Chapin, 20, at a home just outside the University of Idaho’s main campus in Moscow, not far from the border with Washington state.
The November 13 slayings prompted a weekslong search for a suspect that eventually concluded with Kohberger’s arrest at his parents’ Pennsylvania home.
This is a developing story and will be updated.
™ & © 2023 Cable News Network, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery Company. All rights reserved.
- Affidavit reveals new information from scene of Idaho student deaths
- Knives, clothes, books seized from home of Idaho murder suspect
- Idaho police investigate possible stalker in off-campus homicides
- Police stay quiet after quadruple homicide in Idaho
- A week after 4 University of Idaho students were killed, there are mounting questions in the investigation and few answers
- Four students found dead near campus of University of Idaho
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Parts of Utah experienced a severe thunderstorm, Pride Festival back on
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- Two men electrocuted while cutting a tree in West Jordan
- Two injured when semi-truck crashes through garages of complex, hits propane tank
- A congressional resignation, hurry sickness and the need for respectful restraint
- Following complaint against Bible in schools, Book of Mormon receives complaint for…
- Wildlife officials trying to trap bear after it approached a tent above Bountiful
- Landspout forms over Salt Lake County. Here’s how that differs from a tornado