Utah Tech police continue to investigate alleged assault
Sep 19, 2023, 7:30 PM
(Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News)
ST. GEORGE, Utah — In wake of an alleged assault of a Utah Tech University student last weekend, campus police have ongoing investigation into the incident.
Police say on Saturday, Sept. 16, a female student walking near Hurst Field was approached and allegedly assaulted by an unknown male.
Police also say the suspect also tried to start up a conversation with two other students. However, he acted in a suspicious manner, according to the release.
Police say if see the suspect (picture below) to call 911 or police dispatch at 435-627-4300.
In addition to increased presence, the campus police have also issued several safety tips for students.
Precautions recommended by Utah Tech police
Utah Tech police recommend that students do the following whenever possible.
- Travel in groups, especially late at night
- Stay in areas that have good lighting
- Use campus security escorts or shuttle services
- Beware of your surroundings, stay alert
- Have easy access to emergency contacts on your phone
- Be a good bystander – call if you witness an incident or intervene if possible
- Follow your instincts – if something doesn’t feel right, get out of the situation
- Utah Tech police looking for suspect in alleged assault incident
- Utah Tech student dies after falling from fifth-story balcony