Young crash survivor helps launch Click it or Ticket
Utah police officers hope by talking again about the importance of seat belts, they can save lives this summer.
Santa Clara Police Sergeant Nick Nuccitelli says a crash happens every 8 minutes, with an injury crash every 20 minutes in our state, even though cars are getting safer.
“It’s all there, but just using the seatbelt as the most simple tool we have can help. And it’s shown that it has helped,” he said.
His 9-year-old son demonstrated how he likes to drive race cars, and says his seatbelt saved him in a crash. You can hear more about that by clicking on the audio story below.
Today’s Top Stories
- UDOT wants public comments for proposed Orem expansion
- DPS offers apology to family of rape victim from more than 50 years ago
- Three toys recalled in U.S. for excessive lead paint
- Vivint Smart Home acquired for $2.8 billion by NRG Energy
- Student loan forgiveness resolution on hold until 2023
- Driving Utah’s most dangerous roads: What you need to know
- Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Office being sued after former cadet reports abuse
- Democratic Sen. Warnock wins Georgia runoff against Walker
- Lawsuit against Arches National Park after incident resulting in the death of a woman
- Salt Lake City Police announce response times for November