Young crash survivor helps launch Click it or Ticket
Utah police officers hope by talking again about the importance of seat belts, they can save lives this summer.
Santa Clara Police Sergeant Nick Nuccitelli says a crash happens every 8 minutes, with an injury crash every 20 minutes in our state, even though cars are getting safer.
“It’s all there, but just using the seatbelt as the most simple tool we have can help. And it’s shown that it has helped,” he said.
His 9-year-old son demonstrated how he likes to drive race cars, and says his seatbelt saved him in a crash. You can hear more about that by clicking on the audio story below.
Today’s Top Stories
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Police: Gunman fired more than 70 rounds at July 4 parade, 7 dead
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist
- Police have arrested a ‘person of interest’ after a mass shooting at July 4th…
- Deuel Creek Fire continues to burn, officials hopeful for more containment
- Fire officials say aerial firework caused brush fire in Saratoga Springs
- Former BYU professor charged with 5 more counts of forcible sexual abuse
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured