Baby nearly drowns in a canal in Northern Utah
BOTHWELL – A baby is recovering after a near-drowning in a canal.
The Box Elder Sheriff’s office says a mom was walking with her four children and their dog in Bothwell, which is to the west of Tremonton.
The one year old was in a stroller and the other kids on bikes. They came to an intersection and one of the children did not stop.
The mom let go of the stroller to help, and the stroller rolled into a canal by the road. The baby came out of the stroller and went through the culvert under the road.
The mom got the baby out of the water and a passerby with medical training performed CPR. They say it did revive the baby.
The baby went first to Bear River Hospital and then was flown to Primary Children’s Hospital as a precaution.
Today’s Top Stories
- Two people are in critical condition following two-vehicle car crash
- Supreme Court says Biden can end Trump-era ‘Remain in Mexico’ immigration policy
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Jackson sworn in, becomes 1st Black woman on Supreme Court
- You’ll love spending the day at Bear Lake | How to spend a day at Bear Lake
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Expert gives tips on conquering your downward social media scroll
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient