SALT LAKE COUNTY – If your weekend plans included a drive between Salt Lake County and Park City, you’ll need to plan a little extra time for your ride.
Last weekend, the westbound lanes of I-80 were closed near the mouth of Parley’s Canyon. This weekend, the eastbound lanes will be shut down between 2300 East and Foothill. UDOT Spokesman John Gleason says, “We’re breaking up the concrete and laying down a new layer of asphalt.” This will make the freeway smoother, as well as extending the life of the freeway.
However, Gleason says they know this will be inconvenient. “When we’re taking traffic from the three lanes on I-80 and putting it onto the I-215 East ramp, which is just one lane, that’s where we could see a bottleneck this weekend,” he explains. He says drivers will be taken off I-80 and sent to 3300 South. After that, they can hop on to I-215’s east side, then reconnect to I-80.
They’re recommending people completely avoid that part of the freeway, but, he knows that’s not an option for all drivers. “If you have to drive on I-80, just give yourself some extra time. We’re anticipating, at its worst, it could take 30 minutes. We could see 30 minute delays there.”
(Photo Credit: Adobe Stock)
Today’s Top Stories
- Ogden police investigating death of 41-year-old man
- Crew member yelled ‘cold gun’ as he handed Alec Baldwin prop weapon, court…
- Roy police officer arrested on suspicion of child sex abuse
- 13-year-old body recovered from Fish Lake
- Police are looking for a suspect after fatal shooting in SLC
- Drought-stricken California doused by major storm
- Utah firefighters, Task Force Two, headed to Oregon
- Google Maps will now allow drivers to report hazards, slowdowns and speed traps
- Everest’s 100 years of destiny and death on the roof the world
- Haaland sends recommendation on Utah monuments to president