Michelle Nielson – Vineyard Elementary School
I love that Mrs. Nielson is the 5th grade teacher of my son at Vineyard Elementary. Her classroom is a learners paradise. She has a tree house inside her room where students can read, hands-on projects throughout the year to excite the learning process, and most importantly to me, she cares about my student. In my eyes as a parent, my son is the most important child in her class, even though I have seen that every parent feels this way.
One of the greatest examples of her individual concern happened just recently. Knowing of my son’s desire to learn and gain knowledge she hand wrote an invitation for him to attend a speaking engagement with Senator Jake Garn. She took him and introduced personally to Senator Garn. Afterwards she explored what he learned and why it was important.
The children in Mrs. Nielson’s class love the learning process. They are growing and achieving great things under the guidance of their teacher. Best of all, they are important as individuals and they have a teacher that knows their needs and does her best to help them grow.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing