Traffic infraction leads to drug bust in Orem
OREM – Three men are booked into the Utah County Jail for reportedly being caught with a sizable amount of drugs in their vehicle. It all happened after the driver forgot to follow one simple traffic rule.
Police say it started with three men being pulled over in a truck for failing to signal. The officer thought something was suspicious. Lieutenant Craig Martinez says, “That’s when he called one of our K9s. The K9 came out and indicated to the presence of a controlled substance being in the truck.”
Martinez says they found nearly 18 pounds of meth in a duffel bag, packaged in Tupperware containers. That led to another drug bust in a Provo home. “We recovered more drugs… cocaine, meth, mushrooms, marijuana and about $12 thousand in cash,” Martinez says.
The suspects have been identified as Nathan Karner, Jorge Almonte, and Adolfo Parra. Martinez says, “Two of the men are from out of state. One was from Provo, which is where we served the search warrant on his home. All three were booked into the Utah County Jail.”
Today’s Top Stories
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- AirMed responding to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Man wanted for leaving a dead fish at ‘The Goonies’ house saved by Coast Guard…
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…