OPINION: Dr. Ford and the Kavanaugh hearing
JayMac: The time had finally come for Dr. Christine Blasey Ford and Judge Brett Kavanaugh to testify before the United States Senate Judiciary regarding the allegation of sexual assault against Kavanaugh. These allegations surfaced before the Judiciary committee was set to vote on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Both Kavanaugh and Ford agreed to testify before the Senate and receive questions by each of the committee members.
One of the things that made Ford credible was that she never seized on moments to make her case better or stronger. For instance, when she was asked how this has affected her family, a political person would make a calculated decision and embellish in the ways in which situation like this one affected their family. However, Ford was honest and straightforward in her response.
I’m convinced that Dr. Ford is convinced that this event happened. I do not believe that she had any political motives in the way she responded to the Senate committee.
Jay Mcfarland hosts the JayMac News Show as well as the fictional podcast, Hosts of Eden. KSL Newsradio is part of Bonneville Media and based in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Today’s Top Stories
- Cottonwood High School wins football game in bizarre fashion
- September was the hottest month in Salt Lake City and it wasn’t close
- What differentiates BYU’s MBA program from other MBA programs
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces
- Day 1 in ‘landmark case’ for animal rights
- DWR officials taking steps to protect California condors
- Body found in Arches National Park Saturday
- Man in possession of fentanyl pills, heroin arrested at SLC airport