Detective Damian Openshaw, Cache County
The following was submitted by Kim Openshaw.
“There are many ways in which Damian reaches out to those he serves as a Deputy and now Detective. Christmas is one of the times he especially watches out for those in need and has done so for a number of years.
This recent Christmas he came across a family that was going to be without Christmas. One day as he was talking with the family of four, parents and two children (ages 1 and 4). The four year old said she wanted a bike for Christmas and almost immediately the parents said that Santa would not be able to bring it. Damian and his wife determined that this would not be the case for this family. They purchased a bike for the little girl and a walker/player for the one year old and some clothing for the family . He then went on to work to bring about Christmas for the entire family, including Christmas dinner.
I appreciate your consideration of my son. I know there are many who would fit the profile for this award. I hope that you will consider Damian. Thank you.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Ghislaine Maxwell sentenced to 20 years in prison
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment
- Utah Rep. Mia Love pushes for compromise bill on immigration