Detective Damian Openshaw, Cache County
The following was submitted by Kim Openshaw.
“There are many ways in which Damian reaches out to those he serves as a Deputy and now Detective. Christmas is one of the times he especially watches out for those in need and has done so for a number of years.
This recent Christmas he came across a family that was going to be without Christmas. One day as he was talking with the family of four, parents and two children (ages 1 and 4). The four year old said she wanted a bike for Christmas and almost immediately the parents said that Santa would not be able to bring it. Damian and his wife determined that this would not be the case for this family. They purchased a bike for the little girl and a walker/player for the one year old and some clothing for the family . He then went on to work to bring about Christmas for the entire family, including Christmas dinner.
I appreciate your consideration of my son. I know there are many who would fit the profile for this award. I hope that you will consider Damian. Thank you.”
Today’s Top Stories
- Morning storms impact school schedules
- 21-year-old woman killed in Provo hit-and-run
- Sugar House locals worry 2100 South poses threat to safety and business
- Suspect in I-15 shooting named, booked into jail
- Confrontation with bicyclist sends UTA bus driver to hospital
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- SuperAgers — who are they, are you one, and can you become one?
- Semi rollover on Legacy Highway reduces traffic to one lane
- Victim in fatal auto pedestrian crash was 11 years old, investigation continues
- Utah’s film festival screens an all-Utah cast for Marylin Monroe film