Burglary suspect shot and killed at Roy medical clinic
ROY, Utah — A man is dead after police say he broke into to a Tanner Clinic office in the middle of the night.
Police say he was trying to get into a closed pharmacy at the clinic, at 3400 West and 5600 South in Roy. A woman who was cleaning the building says he came in with a bandana over his face.
Ogden Police say one of their K9 officers was called to help Roy Police. The dog began searching for the suspect when they say he attacked the officers with a knife and was shot and killed. An initial news release says the Ogden officer fired several rounds in self-defense.
UPDATE: Burglary suspect had a knife and showing “erratic behavior” after breaking into medical building, according to Roy Police. After being shot by an officer he was taken across the parking lot to the emergency room where he was pronounced dead @KSL5TV @kslnewsradio @KSLcom pic.twitter.com/hLB9NO981A
— Ladd Egan (@laddegan) July 31, 2019
The suspect was taken across the parking lot to the Emergency Room where he was pronounced dead.
Police say the Weber County Attorney’s Office is conducting an investigation in keeping with Officer-Involved Shooting policy and protocols. Ogden police will update the media on the case later on Wednesday.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- Teen arrested, suspected of aggravated murder in Salt Lake City
- “The Letter” details journey from Utah murder through grief to redemption