Body of Arizona man recovered from Lake Powell marina
ARIZONA (AP) — Authorities say the body of a man from Colorado City, Arizona, has been recovered from Lake Powell.
Glen Canyon National Recreation Area officials say 31-year-old Jacob Jessop of Colorado City was pronounced dead at the scene by the Coconino County Medical Examiner.
Jessop’s body has been transported to Flagstaff for an autopsy.
National Park Service rangers received a 911 call about 8 p.m. Sunday about a man who jumped in the water near Wahweap Marina and didn’t resurface.
Authorities say the body appeared to be ensnarled in wires and cables at a depth of 20 to 30 feet.
Due to safety concerns, recovery was suspended until Monday morning.
The recreation area’s dive team recovered Jessop’s body about 11 a.m.at a depth of 249 feet.
Authorities say the death will be investigated.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Crash in Uintah County claims the life of a 19-year-old man
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure