Murray apartment fire displaces 100, destroys several units
MURRAY, Utah – A two-alarm fire at an apartment complex in Murray has displaced 100 people and destroyed at least six units.
Unified Fire is still investigating what started it in a second-floor unit yesterday afternoon around 6:00.
Video shows the flames reaching several feet into the air.
— KSL Newsradio (@kslnewsradio) August 27, 2019
One woman told KSL her daughter had to leave quickly.
“She doesn’t know what happened. Somebody just started pounding on the door and said, ‘You need to get out!'” the woman said.
The mother said many of her daughter’s pets died in the fire.
“She lost two bunnies, three birds…and a rat. She was able to get her dog out,” the woman said.
Unified Fire investigators were still at the complex the next morning. Some of the people who have been displaced get to go back home today.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]