Murray apartment fire displaces 100, destroys several units
MURRAY, Utah – A two-alarm fire at an apartment complex in Murray has displaced 100 people and destroyed at least six units.
Unified Fire is still investigating what started it in a second-floor unit yesterday afternoon around 6:00.
Video shows the flames reaching several feet into the air.
— KSL Newsradio (@kslnewsradio) August 27, 2019
One woman told KSL her daughter had to leave quickly.
“She doesn’t know what happened. Somebody just started pounding on the door and said, ‘You need to get out!'” the woman said.
The mother said many of her daughter’s pets died in the fire.
“She lost two bunnies, three birds…and a rat. She was able to get her dog out,” the woman said.
Unified Fire investigators were still at the complex the next morning. Some of the people who have been displaced get to go back home today.
Today’s Top Stories
- SLCPD shuts down area near 700 East following fight at yoga studio
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- CDC confirms five monkeypox cases in Utah
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Breyer makes it official: He’s leaving the Supreme Court on Thursday at noon
- Intermountain Healthcare study finds “better” IV fluid treatment