Police: Utah man held ex-girlfriend hostage for several days
KEARNS, Utah (AP) — Police have arrested a Utah man who they say kidnapped his ex-girlfriend and held her hostage for several days in his basement.
Records show 42-year-old Oscar Martinez-Perez was booked into the Salt Lake County Jail early Saturday on suspicion of aggravated kidnapping.
Unified Police say they received a call on August 29 from the victim’s brother who believed she was being held against her will.
Police located the woman walking on the street in Kearns. She told officers Martinez-Perez has kidnapped her about four days ago and held against her will in his basement apartment before she escaped.
She said he forced her into a car and threatened to kill her if she left.
Officers arrested Martinez-Perez at his home on August 30.
An attorney for Martinez-Perez had not been listed as of Monday.
Today’s Top Stories
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- The Queen Center
- The peak of the Geminid meteor shower is tonight
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- Are You Looking for an Inexpensive Family-Friendly Trip? Box Elder County Has You Covered…
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Stay Home