Former presidential candidate endorses Bernie Sanders
SALT LAKE CITY, Utah — Former 2020 presidential candidate Marianne Williamson announced Sunday she is endorsing Bernie Sanders for the Democratic nomination.
Williamson posted on Twitter an official statement of endorsement, pointing to the energy Sanders is capable of eliciting among voters.
“A 40-yr-old trend of capitalism without conscience – corporate elites and their errand boys in government – have created the inevitable throwback in the form of a political revolution,” she said in her Twitter endorsement.
My statement of endorsement. pic.twitter.com/Bm2JqCFQCd
— Marianne Williamson (@marwilliamson) February 23, 2020
The announcement comes amid Sanders’ successes in the Nevada and New Hampshire polls.
“That revolution is one that Bernie Sanders now leads, and I want to do everything I can to further its success,” Williamson wrote. “I am honored to endorse him.”
Williamson was formerly Sanders’ competitor in the 2020 Democratic race, ending her campaign in January 2020. The author was unable to gain much traction in the then-crowded field.
She ran on a campaign that promised to be a “moral and spiritual awakening” for the country.
Williamson previously endorsed candidate Andrew Yang for the nomination, before he dropped out of the race earlier this month. Yang has since moved on to become a CNN commentator.
Today’s Top Stories
- Officer-involved shooting causes delays on I-15 in Davis County
- Utah County man pleads guilty to death of West Jordan teenager
- Man arrested in relation to Provo Towne Center Mall bomb threat
- Former American Fork soccer coach arrested on charges of child sexual abuse
- Be Ready Utah: What you need in your emergency winter car kit
- Two people hurt in auto-pedestrian collision in Orem
- Salt Lake City Police investigate deadly auto-pedestrian collision
- Genealogy research now tax deductible for members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
- The DWR to update management of black bears
- Bingham High students build intricate gingerbread cathedral