I-15 in Layton to close for 3 nights
LAYTON, Utah — I-15 in Layton between Antelope Drive and Layton Parkway will be closed for 3 nights. Crews will need this time to place beams across the freeway as construction on the Church Street bridge begins.
UDOT spokesman John Gleason says that the closures will begin nightly closures. The closures will start Friday night and go on through Monday morning at 5 a.m.
The nightly closures are as follows:
· Friday, March 20, at 10 p.m. to Saturday, March 21, at 8 a.m.
· Saturday, March 21, at 10 p.m. to Sunday, March 22, at 9 a.m.
· Sunday, March 22, at 9 p.m. to Monday, March 23, at 5 a.m.
“During these closures, all southbound drivers will be detoured off of I-15 at Antelope Drive, and northbound drivers will be detoured off at Layton Parkway. Traffic will be routed onto Main Street in Layton and then back onto I-15. Drivers should plan ahead for heavy delays, allow extra time to travel the detour route, or avoid the area if possible,” he says.
UDOT says the construction on the new Church Street bridge is part of UDOT’s I-15 Davis Weber Express Lanes project. The project will extend Express Lanes from Layton Pkwy to Riverdale Road.
The project is extending the I-15 Express Lanes from Layton Parkway to Riverdale Road, to improve traffic flow and reduce delays along I-15.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man in custody after hours of negotiation in Orem home
- Hurricane Ian weakens to Category 3 after making landfall in Florida, but officials warn the…
- Chance of thunderstorms Thursday could affect BYU game
- Researchers using dirty diapers to develop new autism test
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Davis and Weber counties
- Former KSL NewsRadio talk show host in the path of Hurricane Ian
- UTA makes service reductions following staffing shortages
- Controversial homecoming dress code ends in protest
- American Leadership Academy responds to homecoming incident
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces