LOGAN, Utah — The Logan City Sewer Division recently removed some troublesome wipe clogs from their sewer lines. In response, they have issued a plea for local residents to stop flushing garbage down the toilet.
In a Facebook post on Monday, the Logan City Sewer Division says that it is seeing these wipe clogs firsthand. They said that the only paper product that should be flushed down a toilet is toilet paper.
They reminded residents that even those products that are marked as flushable, biodegradable or compostable do not dissolve as toilet paper does in water.
Additionally, they stated that any kind of wipes, rags, paper towels, diapers, etc. can cause damage that results in costly repairs to laterals at the homeowner’s expense.
The costly damages don’t stop there. It also mounts up in taxpayer dollars when damage is caused to sewer mains and at sewer pumping stations.
So, if the product you are using it isn’t toilet paper, then please don’t flush it down the toilet.
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick (pageviews: 22721)
- Millions of cicadas are expected to emerge after 17 years underground because, of course, it's 2020 (pageviews: 5816)
- Hope In Darkness (pageviews: 5380)
- Police: Man turns himself in after killing Tinder date (pageviews: 5066)
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is opening 14 more temples (pageviews: 4481)
- FACT CHECK: Can hand sanitizer catch fire in your car? (pageviews: 3938)
- UPDATED: Wearing a mask incorrectly while healthy might actually make you sick | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 3835)
- Utah's governor: K-12 schools can return in the fall (pageviews: 3399)