LOGAN, Utah — The Logan City Sewer Division recently removed some troublesome wipe clogs from their sewer lines. In response, they have issued a plea for local residents to stop flushing garbage down the toilet.
In a Facebook post on Monday, the Logan City Sewer Division says that it is seeing these wipe clogs firsthand. They said that the only paper product that should be flushed down a toilet is toilet paper.
They reminded residents that even those products that are marked as flushable, biodegradable or compostable do not dissolve as toilet paper does in water.
Additionally, they stated that any kind of wipes, rags, paper towels, diapers, etc. can cause damage that results in costly repairs to laterals at the homeowner’s expense.
The costly damages don’t stop there. It also mounts up in taxpayer dollars when damage is caused to sewer mains and at sewer pumping stations.
So, if the product you are using it isn’t toilet paper, then please don’t flush it down the toilet.
- Southbound I-15 closed Monday morning after road rage, shooting (pageviews: 2815)
- Utah lawmaker opens bill to explore impeachment against AG Reyes (pageviews: 2524)
- UDOT: Southbound I-15 experiencing major delays due to crash (pageviews: 1745)
- Southbound I-15 closed after hit and run, shooting (pageviews: 1515)
- CONFIRMED: The noise was a sonic boom, 80 miles from SLC – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1217)
- Romney supports impeachment trial; new poll shows his support is slipping (pageviews: 1007)
- CONFIRMED: The noise was a sonic boom, 80 miles from SLC (pageviews: 892)
- Two arrests after “clandestine narcotics lab” found in SLC apartment – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 797)