SALT LAKE CITY — Three children were inside a home on 300 E near 3300 S in Salt Lake City on Friday afternoon when South Salt Lake police say a truck crashed into the house.
Sgt. Matt Oehler says the truck was traveling at a high rate of speed when it crashed into the house. He described the truck as being “all the way inside the house” before stopping.
Oehler says that bystanders at the scene pulled two children out of the home, but a 10-year-old boy was pinned underneath the truck. Emergency workers reportedly worked for 20 minutes to extricate the child.
Sgt. Oehler says the 10-year-old was life-flighted to Primary Children’s hospital in serious but stable condition.
The truck driver received minor injuries and is being investigated for impairment.
Damage to the home is described as major. Sgt. Oehler says it will require an inspection before the family is allowed to go back inside.
- Southbound I-15 closed Monday morning after road rage, shooting (pageviews: 2815)
- Utah lawmaker opens bill to explore impeachment against AG Reyes (pageviews: 2524)
- UDOT: Southbound I-15 experiencing major delays due to crash (pageviews: 1745)
- Southbound I-15 closed after hit and run, shooting (pageviews: 1515)
- CONFIRMED: The noise was a sonic boom, 80 miles from SLC – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1217)
- Romney supports impeachment trial; new poll shows his support is slipping (pageviews: 1007)
- CONFIRMED: The noise was a sonic boom, 80 miles from SLC (pageviews: 892)
- Two arrests after “clandestine narcotics lab” found in SLC apartment – KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 797)