SALT LAKE CITY — Three children were inside a home on 300 E near 3300 S in Salt Lake City on Friday afternoon when South Salt Lake police say a truck crashed into the house.
Sgt. Matt Oehler says the truck was traveling at a high rate of speed when it crashed into the house. He described the truck as being “all the way inside the house” before stopping.
Oehler says that bystanders at the scene pulled two children out of the home, but a 10-year-old boy was pinned underneath the truck. Emergency workers reportedly worked for 20 minutes to extricate the child.
Sgt. Oehler says the 10-year-old was life-flighted to Primary Children’s hospital in serious but stable condition.
The truck driver received minor injuries and is being investigated for impairment.
Damage to the home is described as major. Sgt. Oehler says it will require an inspection before the family is allowed to go back inside.
- Police investigate shots fired at Provo MTC (pageviews: 6389)
- Full transcript of Lori Daybell secret phone call recording (pageviews: 4540)
- Police investigate shots fired at Provo MTC | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2749)
- Chad Daybell in court, prosecution offers new details (pageviews: 2627)
- Fatal officer-involved shooting in Kearns (pageviews: 2375)
- Transfer trouble? Out-of-state high school football players have their eyes set on Utah (pageviews: 2099)
- Post Malone talks Utah and aliens in almost four hour podcast (pageviews: 1741)
- These companies are working from home until 2021 -- or forever (pageviews: 1733)