Ten-year-old hospitalized after truck crashes into home
SALT LAKE CITY — Three children were inside a home on 300 E near 3300 S in Salt Lake City on Friday afternoon when South Salt Lake police say a truck crashed into the house.
Sgt. Matt Oehler says the truck was traveling at a high rate of speed when it crashed into the house. He described the truck as being “all the way inside the house” before stopping.
Oehler says that bystanders at the scene pulled two children out of the home, but a 10-year-old boy was pinned underneath the truck. Emergency workers reportedly worked for 20 minutes to extricate the child.
Sgt. Oehler says the 10-year-old was life-flighted to Primary Children’s hospital in serious but stable condition.
The truck driver received minor injuries and is being investigated for impairment.
Damage to the home is described as major. Sgt. Oehler says it will require an inspection before the family is allowed to go back inside.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song