100 Weber School District students asked to quarantine
Sep 3, 2020, 8:51 AM | Updated: 9:05 am
ROY, Utah — 100 students in the Weber School District have been asked to quarantine after a positive case of COVID-19 was found at Sand Ridge Jr. High School.
This story will be updated.
How To Prevent the Spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus
COVID-19 coronaviruses transmitted from person to person. It is a virus that is similar to the common cold and the flu. So, to prevent it from spreading:
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face.
- Keep children and those with compromised immune systems away from someone who is coughing or sneezing (in this instance, at least six feet)
- If there is an outbreak near you, practice social distancing (stay at home, instead of going to the movies, sports events, or other activities.)
- Get a flu shot.
Utah’s Coronavirus Information
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
Utah Coronavirus Information Line – 1-800-456-7707
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Commonly asked questions, World Health Organization
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Additional sex charges filed against Utah businessman; more victims possible
- Three people killed in two-vehicle crash on US-89 in Logan Canyon
- Multiple Utah schools received fake reports of school shooting, officials say
- Nine soldiers killed after Army helicopters crash in Kentucky
- Elk herd returns to SLC golf course after multiple relocation attempts
- Alpine School District exploring potential closure of 5 elementary schools
- U.S. Department of Labor says Sodalicious violated child labor laws
- Utah’s online marriage licensing gets attention all over the world
- A former SLCPD officer discusses how police respond to copycat situations
- Gwyneth Paltrow’s ski collision trial continues with defense