SALT LAKE CITY — I-80 WB was shut down Thursday night after a semi-truck went up in flames causing all traffic to come to a complete stop.
Utah Highway Patrol Trooper Chris Bishop said they received a call about the truck shortly after 8 p.m and that all of I-15 as well as I-80 WB was closed.
Bishop said at the time there were no injuries reported. When asked how long it would take for traffic to move again, Bishop reported “we don’t know how long.”
“They should clean up within the hour. The officials need to finish clean up. But, I would say within the hour.”
This story is currently being investigated and will be updated when more information is available.
- Deseret News, Salt Lake Tribune end partnership, Trib goes weekly | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 5827)
- No, the Wasatch Front didn't just have another earthquake. Here's what we know. (pageviews: 4945)
- No, the Wasatch Front didn’t just have another earthquake. Here’s what we know. | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 2567)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 1729)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes (pageviews: 1150)
- Rudy Bautista, Libertarian for Attorney General - KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1029)
- VIDEO: Cougar follows man running near Provo for 6 minutes | KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 885)
- 2020 Elections (pageviews: 811)