I-80 WB shutdown Thursday night due to a semi-truck on fire
SALT LAKE CITY — I-80 WB was shut down Thursday night after a semi-truck went up in flames causing all traffic to come to a complete stop.
Utah Highway Patrol Trooper Chris Bishop said they received a call about the truck shortly after 8 p.m and that all of I-15 as well as I-80 WB was closed.
Bishop said at the time there were no injuries reported. When asked how long it would take for traffic to move again, Bishop reported “we don’t know how long.”
“They should clean up within the hour. The officials need to finish clean up. But, I would say within the hour.”
This story is currently being investigated and will be updated when more information is available.
Today’s Top Stories
- Police now have persons of interest in Moab double murder case
- UDOH is changing prioritization process for COVID-19 symptom treatments
- Wordle, the easy online word game that’s easy to love
- UPDATE: Wrong way car crash on Bangerter Highway results in death of 19-year-old
- UPDATED: Utah House overturns Salt Lake, Summit county mask mandates
- FBI says Brian Laundrie took responsibility for Gabby Petito’s murder
- ‘Jingle Bells’ was originally written as a Thanksgiving song
- Moab Police get digital evidence possibly connected to double murder
- BREAKING: Gun in shooting outside Hunter High purchased in Utah in 2013
- Utah senate minority leader Karen Mayne announces she has cancer