Utah Jazz optimistic about the 2021 season
SALT LAKE CITY – The Utah Jazz will be facing some pretty stiff competition in the Western Conference in 2021. But team spokesperson Frank Zang believes there’s reason for optimism.
First off, he says they have made some strong moves this postseason.
“There were contract extensions for both Donovan Mitchell and Rudy Gobert. We resigned free agent Jordan Clarkson, and we also signed and are bringing back…Derek Favors. So, the team has really come together,” Zang says.
Many sports analysts are picking the Los Angeles Lakers to make a serious run for the NBA Championship.
But Zang likes how the Jazz have played so far.
“The Jazz were undefeated in the preseason with a 3-0 record, and I think everyone’s excited to see what the basketball fortunes will bring,” Zang says.
There will be 72 games for the Jazz scheduled through the 2021 season, though only half have been announced, all leading up to the All Star Break.
The Utah Jazz will start the season on the road against the Portland Trailblazers on Wednesday.
However, they will be back at home on Saturday. It will be tough for the general public to get a ticket.
“Tickets have been prioritized for our season ticket members. So, a general on sale for the public does not exist at this point in time,” Zang says.
Vivint Smart Home Arena is taking steps to keep the 1,500 fans who do make it through the front doors safe.
“When you come to the arena, there’ll be health screenings. There’s robust NBA protocols, technology,” Zang says. “A lot of best practices have been put in place to prioritize the health and safety of our fans.”
During Saturday’s home game, the Jazz will also be debuting a new uniform and basketball court.
Today’s Top Stories
- 13 year old hospitalized after being run over in Bountiful
- Deputies say evidence pointing to likely homicide in case of Dylan Rounds
- Update: 5-year-old still in critical condition after being hit by truck while riding balance bike
- Utah debates: Here’s how 3rd District candidates stand on the issues (Rep. John Curtis…
- Odd smell coming from North Salt Lake goes unidentified
- ‘I guess we were meant to be there,’ says woman who saved driver from car fire
- Lori Vallow trial is put on hold due to competency issues
- Biden to pardon all federal offenses of simple marijuana possession in first major steps…
- A kidnapped family of 4 has been found dead in California, authorities say
- Explosion inside motorhome being investigated