2 Capitol Police officers suspended for their alleged roles in riot
(CNN) — Two Capitol Police officers have been suspended and another individual has been arrested for their alleged roles in the riot at the US Capitol on January 6, said Rep. Tim Ryan.
“There were two people suspended. One was the selfie officer and another was an officer who had put a MAGA hat on and started directing some people around,” said Ryan, an Ohio Democrat who is chair of the House subcommittee handling the investigation into the response to the insurrection. “It was the interim chief who determined that to be qualifying for immediate suspension.”
Ryan had fewer details about the individual who was arrested, and was not sure if the person was a police officer or a member of the National Guard. He told reporters he would have more details later.
He added that there are approximately 10 to 15 Capitol Police officers under investigation for their behavior during the riot but did not have more specifics.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah’s GOP Congressmen defeat primary challengers
- Bountiful woman arrested after allegedly stealing $6,000 from patient
- Two people injured in Brigham City two-vehicle crash
- Sen. Mike Lee fends off 2 opponents to win Utah GOP primary
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints reacts to Roe v. Wade
- 7-year-old boy in Layton critically injured after being hit by a car
- Different abortion law now in effect in Utah
- UDOT seeks public feedback on future of Bangerter Highway
- Salt Lake City Police cancel Amber alert for 11-year-old girl
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for Salt Lake City area