(CNN) — Two Capitol Police officers have been suspended and another individual has been arrested for their alleged roles in the riot at the US Capitol on January 6, said Rep. Tim Ryan.
“There were two people suspended. One was the selfie officer and another was an officer who had put a MAGA hat on and started directing some people around,” said Ryan, an Ohio Democrat who is chair of the House subcommittee handling the investigation into the response to the insurrection. “It was the interim chief who determined that to be qualifying for immediate suspension.”
Ryan had fewer details about the individual who was arrested, and was not sure if the person was a police officer or a member of the National Guard. He told reporters he would have more details later.
He added that there are approximately 10 to 15 Capitol Police officers under investigation for their behavior during the riot but did not have more specifics.
This is a breaking story and will be updated.
™ & © 2021 Cable News Network, Inc., a WarnerMedia Company. All rights reserved.
- Delta places Romney hecklers on no-fly list (pageviews: 5873)
- What to watch as House moves to impeach Trump for 2nd time (pageviews: 1614)
- Contests (pageviews: 1592)
- Enter to win a pair of Apple Airpods! - KSLNewsRadio (pageviews: 1325)
- Gov. Cox declares state of emergency ahead of expected protests over the weekend (pageviews: 1287)
- VIDEO: Sen. Romney confronted by an angry passenger at the airport (pageviews: 905)
- Hey, Utahns over 70: Here's everything to know about getting your COVID-19 vaccine (pageviews: 808)
- McConnell rejects emergency session for trial (pageviews: 804)