Teenager missing at Pineview Reservoir
PINEVIEW RESERVOIR, Utah — Weber County officials are searching for a missing 16-year-old teenager who disappeared, while in the water at Pineview Reservoir Sunday afternoon.
According to officials, the 16-year-old was swimming with friends, and were attempting to swim from one shore to the other (Middle Inlet Beach going south). When they realized they wouldn’t make it, they turned back. The teenager never returned.
Search and rescue is searching the water with dive teams, sonar and a drone.
Authorities also said none of the swimmers were wearing life jackets.
No additional information was provided.
- Near drowning at Pineview Reservoir, victim flown to hospital
- Man drowns at Pineview Reservoir, investigation underway
Today’s Top Stories
- Pilot uninjured in Mountain Green plane crash
- Iran calls for US to be kicked out of 2022 World Cup after it changes Iran flag on social…
- UDOT warns winter storm bringing roadway impacts
- Car drives into parade, hits horse and rider
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Crash on I-15 in Draper leaves one dead
- Construction begins on Midway ice castles one icicle at a time
- UPDATE: Southbound I-15 lanes in Washington County reopen following closure
- One person flees I-15 crash in Murray