$10,000 reward offered after shooting of Stitches, famous internet pony
LEEDS, Utah — Stitches gained fame throughout the world after a video showing the six-month-old pony riding in a 2021 Lamborghini Huracan EVO went viral.
The pony’s owner, Calvin Jessop from Washington City, told the St. George News, he bought Stitches and her mother several months ago. On Monday, Jessop said he found the pony dead in her pen with a bullet hole in her chest.
Jessop said he buried the pony’s body because he didn’t want his kids to find her, but he did not call the police.
He said Stitches’ mother has not eaten since her baby died.
Family friend, Jeremy Vogel, told the St. George News that Stitches was beloved by many who saw her whinnying from the passenger side window of his Lamborghini.
Jessop said he hasn’t had any disputes with neighbors and can’t think of anyone who would shoot Stitches. He’s offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to an arrest of the person responsible.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man dies during performance at Battle Creek Field of Flight Air Show
- Several people killed in Copenhagen mall shooting, police say
- Layton City is under extreme firework restrictions
- UPDATE: Shooting on TRAX platform leaves one dead, one injured
- Update: Vehicle crashes into Famous Footwear, leaving four injured
- Herriman mother saved by off-duty police officer
- 5 Ways You’re Watering Your Lawn Wrong
- One person dead in three-vehicle crash in southern Utah
- Fireworks and some open flames are now banned in Park City
- State of Utah files lawsuit against pharmaceutical retailers