Man drowns at Millsite State Park
FERRON, Utah — A 42-year-old man from Las Vegas drowned at Millsite State Park Friday afternoon.
At about 2:15 p.m., first responders received a call from a woman, who said her husband had fallen off a paddle board. She reported that she could no longer see him.
Due to the low water level at Millsite State Park, the boat dock are closed.
Crews from Utah State Parks, Emery County Sheriff’s Office, Emery County Search and Rescue conducted the search using small boats and kayaks. The caller reported last seeing the man about 30 yards off of shore.
At just after 4 p.m., the man’s body was discovered in water 8-feet deep. He was not wearing a life jacket.
His name has not be released.
- Recent Utah drownings spur safety checks at Willard Bay, other parks
- Drowning at apartment pool in Salt Lake City, victim 71-year-old woman
- 2-year-old boy drowns at home swimming pool in Pleasant Grove
Today’s Top Stories
- Utah Transit Authority closes Ballpark Station due to debris on tracks
- At Alpine school board meeting, Natalie Cline claims district allows porn in classrooms
- 21-year-old man sentenced for multiple sex crimes
- Automatic emergency braking should only be used as a last resort
- Stay Home
- The Queen Center
- Eviction filings on the rise in Utah, compared to this time last year
- Home improvement tip: Increase the value of your home by weatherproofing doors
- BYU engineering students put ‘world’s smallest Book of Mormon’ on 4 inch disc
- Water regulators say lawn care is causing the most strain to state reservoirs, call on…