Man drowns at Millsite State Park
FERRON, Utah — A 42-year-old man from Las Vegas drowned at Millsite State Park Friday afternoon.
At about 2:15 p.m., first responders received a call from a woman, who said her husband had fallen off a paddle board. She reported that she could no longer see him.
Due to the low water level at Millsite State Park, the boat dock are closed.
Crews from Utah State Parks, Emery County Sheriff’s Office, Emery County Search and Rescue conducted the search using small boats and kayaks. The caller reported last seeing the man about 30 yards off of shore.
At just after 4 p.m., the man’s body was discovered in water 8-feet deep. He was not wearing a life jacket.
His name has not be released.
- Recent Utah drownings spur safety checks at Willard Bay, other parks
- Drowning at apartment pool in Salt Lake City, victim 71-year-old woman
- 2-year-old boy drowns at home swimming pool in Pleasant Grove
Today’s Top Stories
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Suspect arrested and named, victim identified after shooting in Taylorsville
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Alpine schools investigating “suspicious” computer activity
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Potential redesign of new Utah State Flag emphasizes Native American tribes