BOUNTIFUL, Utah — A Bountiful police officer suffered minor injuries in a crash Friday afternoon.
The officer, who was driving a motorcycle, was hit by a vehicle at 500 West and Center Street. The vehicle made a left turn without yielding, hitting the officer.
Dave Edwards of the Bountiful Police Department said, the officer was transported to the University of Utah Medical Center. He was released after being treated for a minor fracture.
“We were very fortunate the injuries weren’t more serious,” Edwards said.
However, the accident serves as another reminder for motorists to be careful.
“It’s just another reminder that it doesn’t require extra attention for motorcyclists,” Edwards said. “We have to be vigilant in looking for them as you’re entering the road way.”
Today’s Top Stories
- FBI: Dental records show that remains are Laundrie’s
- Salt Lake City IT employee arrested, accused of working with human trafficker
- Skywest flights grounded by technical problems
- Cila, Amur Tiger resident of Utah’s Hogle Zoo has passed
- FBI: Human remains found during search for Brian Laundrie
- CDC says certain whole onions from Mexico are linked to Salmonella
- What may be in that notebook belonging to Brian Laundrie?
- Idaho Supreme Court orders change of venue in Daybell case
- Thirsty Great Salt Lake just got a little help from its friends
- Lawmakers want audit of Utah election results, state leaders say no statewide fraud