Driver ejected, killed on I-15 in Orem
OREM, Utah — Utah Highway Patrol said one person was killed in a single-car crash on northbound Interstate 15 in Orem on Tuesday morning.
Sgt. Cameron Roden said the accident occurred near the 1600 northbound offramp where the vehicle cut across the gore area, hit the right wall and ejected the driver.
Troopers said the victim, who was the only occupant in the vehicle, was not wearing a seatbelt and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Now @UTHighwayPatrol have a deadly accident on I-15 Northbound at 1600 North off ramp.
— Derek Petersen (@Derek_Photog) September 7, 2021
Troopers said the interstate exit will have intermittent closures as they continue to investigate what caused the crash.
This story will be updated.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Six new Latter-day Saint missions to launch in 2023
- 12 Mason Jar Gift Ideas for the 12 Days of Christmas [with recipes!]
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing