OUTER SPACE — The first images are coming back to earth from the crew of Inspiration 4. The first private crewed space flight into orbit with no professional astronauts has made 15 orbits around the planet since liftoff on Wednesday night.
The pictures shared show the crew making “full use of the Dragon cupola” where they could see views of earth below them.
The crew of #Inspiration4 had an incredible first day in space! They’ve completed more than 15 orbits around planet Earth since liftoff and made full use of the Dragon cupola. pic.twitter.com/StK4BTWSA6
— Inspiration4 (@inspiration4x) September 17, 2021
The trip plans to take them 350 miles above earth, which is100 miles further into space than the International Space Station. From there the crew of four will spend three days in orbit before splashing back down to earth this weekend.
The crew consists of 38-year-old billionaire Jared Isaacman, Hayley Arceneaux, 29, a childhood bone cancer survivor and physician assistant at St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital, 42 year old Chris Sembroski who is a data engineer from Everett, Washington, and 51-year-old Sian Proctor who is a teacher at a community college in Tempe, Arizona.
Issacman used the launch as a fundraising event to raise money for St. Jude. Issacman put up a $100 million donation personally and hoped to bring in another $100 million from donations and auctions on the other seats for the mission.
I have an idea for a future in-depth report. How do I tell you about it?
Today’s Top Stories
- Demolition begins at abandoned Raging Water/Seven Peak water park
- Taylorsville Police searching for murder suspect, needs public’s help
- Two passengers died in Orem car crash
- Southbound I-15 backed up by three car crashes in Roy
- Bountiful City crews working on main waterline break
- Vehicle of family that went missing 20 years ago discovered in Ohio River
- North Salt Lake police respond to car chase that leaves one dead
- At least 13 auto safety rules are years overdue
- BYU Cougars no longer ranked among top college football teams
- More than 90 snakes found under Northern California home