Man arrested for stabbing a dog to death
Police said Ethington told them the dog tried to bite him so he stabbed the dog. However, police said the crime scene does not match with the suspects story. Also, the body of the dog has not been found. Officers said he never notified the owner or animal control about the circumstances.
The owner of the dog told police Ethington had threatened to kill the dog twice. The suspect had also been trespassed at the motel and was not welcomed on the premises or inside the dog owner’s room.
Ethington has been arrested for aggravated cruelty to animals intentional or knowingly and criminal trespass.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Elk, again, tried to cross roads near I-215/I-80 interchange in SLC