Man arrested for stabbing a dog to death
Police said Ethington told them the dog tried to bite him so he stabbed the dog. However, police said the crime scene does not match with the suspects story. Also, the body of the dog has not been found. Officers said he never notified the owner or animal control about the circumstances.
The owner of the dog told police Ethington had threatened to kill the dog twice. The suspect had also been trespassed at the motel and was not welcomed on the premises or inside the dog owner’s room.
Ethington has been arrested for aggravated cruelty to animals intentional or knowingly and criminal trespass.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Police activate endangered missing advisory for 18-month-old boy
- Man fatally shoots self after crashing car into barricade near US Capitol Building
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- Teen missing from Layton found safe in Salt Lake City
- Fire season has arrived in Utah, fueled by a wet winter