Three people injured after fight in downtown Salt Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — Three people were injured after a fight in downtown Salt Lake City early Saturday morning. Detectives from Salt Lake City Police Department are investigating the altercation which sent three to the hospital. None of the victims have life threatening injuries.
Early Saturday morning police received information about a disturbance involving several people near 39 East Exchange Place. Officers were already in the area when the fight started to escalate and gunshots were heard coming from a nearby parking structure.
Police entered the parking area, looking for the shooter, and found three people injured. Detectives said they found a 34 year old man had been shot, a 25 year old man had been stabbed, and a 34 year old man who had been beaten up. First aid was performed on the victims by officers until paramedics were cleared to enter the scene.
Three people have been arrested, including the suspected shooter.
Salt Lake City Police Department patrol and members of the Gang Unit are helping with the investigation. These units also helped to keep the crime scene secured. Patrol officers and detectives are still doing investigative follow-up on this case.
Anyone with information, photos or video from the fight are asked to call police at 801-799-3000, and use reference number 21-204727.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Spanish Fork house catches fire after fireworks not properly extinguished
- Highland Park parade shooting suspect charged with 7 counts of murder, state’s attorney says
- Highland Drive open after closing for hours due to fatal crash involving Coke truck
- Early morning crash on I-15 kills motorcyclist