A two-vehicle crash near Vernal kills one person
VERNAL, Utah — A two-car accident near Vernal on Tuesday killed one person, and second person to the hospital in critical condition.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the incident occurred on US-40 near milepost 139 at 11:16 a.m. According to police, a white 2017 Dodge Ram pickup truck was driving east. It then drifted into the other lane of traffic.
A gray Jeep Cherokee SUV was heading in the opposite direction at the same location.
The Dodge pickup struck the Jeep Cherokee head-on. The driver of the Jeep Cherokee died at the scene as a result of injuries sustained in the crash.
The Dodge pickup driver was taken by ground ambulance in critical condition to an hospital.
The investigation into the crash is still ongoing. Lane restrictions were in place on US-40 for 2.5 hours.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Today’s Top Stories
- Father of girl who died in Kaysville parade is thankful for those who helped
- GoFundMe started to remember 8-year-old girl who died in Kaysville parade
- Those who practice intermittent fasting less likely to have severe COVID complications,…
- Family of Zane James speaks out after settlement reached with Cottonwood Heights
- 8-year-old girl in critical condition after getting injured at Kaysville parade
- Could a gas strike work? One expert doubts it
- The Great Salt Lake water level reaches a historic low as Utah continues to face extreme drought
- Police: Parade shooting suspect contemplated 2nd shooting
- Anonymous donor offers $50K to help find missing South Salt Lake man
- Dog dies after being left in hot car for more than an hour