CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
A two-vehicle crash near Vernal kills one person
Nov 16, 2021, 5:29 PM | Updated: Dec 29, 2022, 12:00 pm
(PHOTO: Courtesy of Getty Images)
VERNAL, Utah — A two-car accident near Vernal on Tuesday killed one person, and second person to the hospital in critical condition.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the incident occurred on US-40 near milepost 139 at 11:16 a.m. According to police, a white 2017 Dodge Ram pickup truck was driving east. It then drifted into the other lane of traffic.
A gray Jeep Cherokee SUV was heading in the opposite direction at the same location.
The Dodge pickup struck the Jeep Cherokee head-on. The driver of the Jeep Cherokee died at the scene as a result of injuries sustained in the crash.
The Dodge pickup driver was taken by ground ambulance in critical condition to an hospital.
The investigation into the crash is still ongoing. Lane restrictions were in place on US-40 for 2.5 hours.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
- Two-car crash in American Fork injures three, kills one other
- Two dead in car vs motorcycle crash in Milford
- Two dead in Farmington car accident on I-15
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Pride-wrapped UTA bus pulled from downtown Pride Parade
- Two people killed in road rage crash near Eagle Mountain are identified
- Utah House leader signals change to special election law to fill Rep. Stewart’s seat
- Kouri Richins family satisfied with partial gag order issued in case, says spokesman
- Teenager drowns at Palisade State Park after getting caught in storm, officials say
- Gov. Cox says he’s willing to call a special session to change Utah special election law
- Salt Lake City police investigate after fatal overnight shooting outside of New Yorker night club
- Man nearly drowns at Gunlock Falls
- Four killed, including toddler, after plane crashed in Virginia
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers