A two-vehicle crash near Vernal kills one person
VERNAL, Utah — A two-car accident near Vernal on Tuesday killed one person, and second person to the hospital in critical condition.
According to the Utah Highway Patrol, the incident occurred on US-40 near milepost 139 at 11:16 a.m. According to police, a white 2017 Dodge Ram pickup truck was driving east. It then drifted into the other lane of traffic.
A gray Jeep Cherokee SUV was heading in the opposite direction at the same location.
The Dodge pickup struck the Jeep Cherokee head-on. The driver of the Jeep Cherokee died at the scene as a result of injuries sustained in the crash.
The Dodge pickup driver was taken by ground ambulance in critical condition to an hospital.
The investigation into the crash is still ongoing. Lane restrictions were in place on US-40 for 2.5 hours.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
- Two-car crash in American Fork injures three, kills one other
- Two dead in car vs motorcycle crash in Milford
- Two dead in Farmington car accident on I-15
Today’s Top Stories
- After celebrity death to colon cancer, Utah doctor weighs in on colonoscopy
- Two Utah experts talk about prisoner swap for WNBA player Brittney Griner
- Update: Some I-15 lanes reopen after hazmat spill in Bluffdale
- Families of Hunter High shooting victims unhappy with plea deal
- Downtown Ogden expansion project begins finalizing plans
- West Jordan Elementary School is closing its gates after 40 years
- Provo Police looking for information about two cars in deadly hit-and-run
- Sundance Film Festival is seeking volunteers for 2023 event
- Members of the council explain the Salt Lake County library tax
- Shortage of baby formula continues to worry parents