Crash in Emigration Canyon sends one to the hospital
SALT LAKE CITY — A one-car accident in Emigration Canyon Sunday afternoon left one person in critical condition, and another in custody.
Unified Police were called to the area of 6821 E. Emigration Canyon Road on Sunday afternoon around 4 p.m. The vehicle left the road in Emigration Canyon and went down an embankment.
According to police, there were three males inside. One required extrication and was taken to University of Utah Medical Center in critical condition.
The two other males fled from the scene. One of those males has since been taken into custody. However, the other male is still on the run.
Authorities say alcohol is a likely factor in the crash.
The investigation into the crash is still ongoing.
Today’s Top Stories
- UPDATE: Family of missing Stanton Porter releases statement regarding his death
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Three people charged after staged kidnapping for YouTube video, police say
- SLCPD activate OICI following the death of a suspect in police custody
- Police activate endangered missing advisory for 18-month-old boy
- Man fatally shoots self after crashing car into barricade near US Capitol Building
- Some Capitol rioters try to profit from their Jan. 6 crimes
- Fire season has arrived in Utah, fueled by a wet winter
- Teen missing from Layton found safe in Salt Lake City