Crash in Emigration Canyon sends one to the hospital
SALT LAKE CITY — A one-car accident in Emigration Canyon Sunday afternoon left one person in critical condition, and another in custody.
Unified Police were called to the area of 6821 E. Emigration Canyon Road on Sunday afternoon around 4 p.m. The vehicle left the road in Emigration Canyon and went down an embankment.
According to police, there were three males inside. One required extrication and was taken to University of Utah Medical Center in critical condition.
The two other males fled from the scene. One of those males has since been taken into custody. However, the other male is still on the run.
Authorities say alcohol is a likely factor in the crash.
The investigation into the crash is still ongoing.
Today’s Top Stories
- One person killed in wrong-way head-on collision on I-15 near Beck Street
- Salt Lake City police investigating shooting, one person hurt
- Bill would allow individuals to become teachers without a bachelor’s degree
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- Suspect in Layton Amber Alert charged
- Opinion: Is sportsmanship dead in high school basketball?
- Correctional officer assaulted at Utah State Correctional Facility
- Four elk killed as herd gets too close to I-215 and I-80
- Missing radioactive capsule from Rio Tinto mine found on Australian road
- Cracks are showing in the coalition of the GOP, according to polling numbers