SLCPD is investigating the shooting death of one person
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake City Police Department is investigating the shooting death of one person on Sunday morning.
According to police, the incident happened at 130 South 800 West at 9:22 a.m.
Once on scene, officers discovered an adult female with a gunshot wound. First responders performed live-saving procedures on the victim. However, the victim, who has been identified as 50-year-old Anetupou Niualiku, died at the scene, according to police.
Officers searched the area for a suspect, any other victims and secured the crime scene.
Through the preliminary investigation, police say this appears to be an isolated incident. And there is no danger to the public.
The investigation into the shooting death is ongoing. Anyone with information should call 801-799-3000.
- Salt Lake Police reported fatal auto-pedestrian accident
- Salt Lake City police investigating fatal overnight shooting
Today’s Top Stories
- Boy dies after falling from slide at Rose Springs Elementary School
- Man’s arm partially amputated by farm equipment Tuesday afternoon
- Looking for a New Winter Activity? Try Skijoring in Bear Lake
- Utah snowpack at a 10-year-high
- GoFundMe created for passing of two employees at Northrop Grumman
- Rep. Stewart: Lessons to be learned from Chinese spy balloon
- Utah Corrections offers more details on recent assaults against officers
- Biden to test run reelection message in address to divided Congress
- Home schools and micro-schooling defined under new Utah bill
- DWR implements emergency state-wide restrictions on shed antler hunting