Motorcyclist in critical condition following a crash in Ogden
OGDEN, Utah — A 21-year-old male motorcyclist is in extremely critical condition following a crash Wednesday afternoon, police say.
According to the Ogden Police Department, the accident occurred just before 12:30 p.m. The victim was driving a motorcycle west in the 200 block of 12th Street. A white Chevy work van was facing north in the entrance businesses on the south side of 12th Street.
The van, driven by a 43-year-old male, sped across the road to travel north on Childs Avenue. It was struck in the rear on the passenger side by the motorcyclist, according to police.
The van spun and rolled onto the driver’s side. Police say the driver of the van was not hurt. However, the motorcyclist was rushed to an area hospital.
The accident is still under investigation.
- Ogden police investigate fatal shooting at grocery store
- Ogden police investigating death of 41-year-old man
Today’s Top Stories
- Two employees found unconscious at Northrop Grumman, died later at hospital
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Police investigating fatal auto-pedestrian crash in Salt Lake City
- Suspect still at large after double homicide in Taylorsville
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Cold weather causes late start for Logan City School District Wednesday
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement