CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Nebraska man killed in motorcycle crash in Vineyard
VINEYARD, Utah — A 24-year-old Nebraska man died in motorcycle crash Monday night in Vineyard, according to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
Police say the man drifted out of his lane of travel, while riding in Vineyard. He crashed into a barrier and fence. Police also say that speed was a factor in the crash, and the man was not wearing a helmet.
Authorities say that the incident happened on Center Street on a railroad overpass west of Mill Road at 7:20 p.m.
According to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office, the victim, who has not yet been identified, ended up 120 feet away from where he first hit the barrier. The motorcycle was 225 feet from where contact with the barrier first occurred.
The victim suffered significant head trauma and passed away at the scene, according to the Utah County Sheriff’s Office.
Impairment, according to authorities, was not a factor in the motorcycle crash in vineyard.
- Two people killed in a motorcycle crash in Washington County
- One dead in Salt Lake County motorcycle crash
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray doctor charged with sexual exploitation of a minor
- The Salt Lake Temple renovation has a new completion date
- KSL EXCLUSIVE: “It’s been a punch to the gut,” Woods Cross mom of boy…
- Woods Cross man charged for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- Median price of a home declines for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah
- Mother tells of her escape from addiction and being homeless
- Should the Bible be banned from school libraries?
- Man arrested for suspicion of arson in Orem house fire
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- False threat near the TRAX Daybreak Parkway Station