CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Young boy suffers leg injury after being struck by riding lawn mower
HYRUM, Utah — A 2-year-old boy suffered a serious leg injury Friday after being struck by a riding lawn mower in Cache County.
According to Captain Curtis Hooley of the Logan Police Department, the incident happened at around 11:30 a.m. Hooley says the boy’s father was mowing his lawn and accidentally ran over his son. The man thought the child was still inside the house when he backed his riding lawn mower up.
The child was transported to Logan Regional Medical Center for treatment. Hooley says the child was later transported to Primary Children’s Hospital for additional treatment.
Hooley says the child’s leg was “cut up quite a bit” and there was a partial amputation to the foot.
While the incident took place in the jurisdiction of the Cache County Sheriff’s Office, Logan Police is handling the investigation as the father is a county corrections employee.
While the investigation is still ongoing, Hooley says intoxication has been ruled out, and it simply appears to be an accident.
- After threat posted on Instagram, police found no danger at Logan High School
- Man accused in Logan kidnapping reportedly claims he thought victim was his wife
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Woods Cross man arrested for allegedly secretly recording others in bathroom
- USU grad files lawsuit against university for racist caricature
- Gwyneth Paltrow ski crash trial begins in Park City, lawyer calls it “B.S.”
- Utah Board of Education says full-day kindergarten benefits students’ futures
- Bus driver to be honored for saving woman from dog attack
- Median price of a home declined for first time in a decade, what it means for Utah?
- Utah man recovering from shark bite while swimming in Hawaii
- Here’s why separate trials for Chad and Lori Daybell is significant
- Fire breaks out at Orem home
- Murdered man’s family, friends worry suspected killer was let off too easy for other crimes