Fire in Brigham City
SALT LAKE CITY — The Brigham City Fire Department responded to an alarm for a structure fire on the morning of May 7. It was reported to the fire department that a shed was on fire and spreading into the home next to it. No one was home at the time of the fire.
The Brigham City Fire Department arrived at 5:51 am. Upon arrival, they found not only the shed on fire, but also a parked truck, and the adjacent home. Furthermore, The strong winds and limited fire hydrants made the fires very hard to extinguish.
According to the fire department, by 7 am the fires were completely out. The estimated damages came out at $175,000. Luckily, there was no report of injuries during the fire or extinguishing.
Additionally, fire units from Corinne, Willard, and Tremonton responded to the fire for mutual aid.
Currently, the fire is under investigation. The fire department encourages renters, and property owners to check and maintain working smoke and carbon monoxide detectors in their homes.
Today’s Top Stories
- Man crashes into Ogden Taco Bell drive-thru window
- American Red Cross of Utah seeks volunteers in central Utah
- Clearfield Police identify victims in Wednesday’s double homicide
- Walmart shooter left ‘death note,’ bought gun day of killing
- First Presidency issues 2022 Christmas message
- Vehicle collides with unoccupied building in Roy, no injuries
- The best tools for Deaf and hard-of-hearing workplace success
- One person dies on hike at Zion National Park, another hospitalized
- Montana man gets 3 years in prison for role in Capitol riot
- Watch a preview of the star-studded “Princess Bride” remake