Fallen climber found by rescue crews in Big Cottonwood Canyon
SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake County Sheriff’s Search and Rescue (SLCO SAR) teams found a fallen climber Monday evening in Big Cottonwood Canyon. Rescue crews said around 7:50 p.m. the climber fell a distance greater than 20 feet.
According to SLCO SAR crews, the Unified Fire Authority was already with the patient when they arrived. They then transported the climber down a trail and off the mountain.
Officials said a UFA ambulance transported the patient to a hospital. According to officials, all rescue teams were off the mountain at 9:30 p.m.
The American Alpine Club offers counseling services for individuals experiencing hardship or trauma from an outdoor incident. There is more information under the mental health tab of the American Alpine Club website.
- Stuck hiker rescued from Mount Timpanogos
- Utah County Search and Rescue team help teenager off Battle Creek trail
- Hiker rescued at Bridal Veil Falls after he was critically injured by falling ice
Today’s Top Stories
- Murray Police warning public to be on lookout for scam
- Pickup truck crash leaves two dead
- Three-vehicle crash in Stansbury Park sends two people to hospital
- Nations largest pig farm exposed, two face criminal charges
- The sad history of Tragedy Spring
- Saturday morning conference session makes history
- ‘Any kind of abuse … is an abomination,’ President Nelson says at Saturday morning session
- Crash involving RV leaves one dead
- Water levels indicate that Utah’s water conservation efforts are working
- How facial plastic surgery and skincare are joining forces