Update: Negotiation in Woods Cross has ended, police say
Update July 22, 2022 1:27 p.m.
Police say the negotiation ended when the suspect took his own life.
The suspect was a male in his 50’s. He was on trial for aggravated abuse of a child.
Police were attempting to collect additional evidence before the negotiation began.
WOODS CROSS, Utah — Police have been negotiating with a man being investigated for child sex abuse. They say he has barricaded himself inside a Woods Cross home located at 1250 W. 1200 S..
The negotiation began Friday and has carried on for a few hours. South Davis County SWAT is on the scene working to go in and detain the suspect.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Woods Cross man charged with torturing guinea pigs
- Former Woods Cross police officer charged with assault for firing at truck
- Live Mic: How police negotiations can help de-escalate tense situations
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- Utah middle school bans phones from entire school day
- Provo university hopes to reduce shortage of mental health practitioners
- UPDATE: Meteor potentially causes boom that rattles Salt Lake Valley
- Victim of fatal accident identified, SR 190 reopens in Big Cottonwood Canyon
- Rudy Giuliani told by prosecutors he is a target in Georgia 2020 presidential election probe
- Church announces names of 2 future temples; another temple rededicated
- Investigation continues after plane plunges into Lake Powell, killing 2
- UPDATE: Power is back on in Bountiful after power outage affected at least 5,200
- Utah County authorities looking for woman involved in domestic violence incident