Update: Negotiation in Woods Cross has ended, police say
Update July 22, 2022 1:27 p.m.
Police say the negotiation ended when the suspect took his own life.
The suspect was a male in his 50’s. He was on trial for aggravated abuse of a child.
Police were attempting to collect additional evidence before the negotiation began.
WOODS CROSS, Utah — Police have been negotiating with a man being investigated for child sex abuse. They say he has barricaded himself inside a Woods Cross home located at 1250 W. 1200 S..
The negotiation began Friday and has carried on for a few hours. South Davis County SWAT is on the scene working to go in and detain the suspect.
This story is developing and will be updated.
- Woods Cross man charged with torturing guinea pigs
- Former Woods Cross police officer charged with assault for firing at truck
- Live Mic: How police negotiations can help de-escalate tense situations
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Utah County men facing charges for defrauding the United States
- AirMed responds to tubing accident in Peter Sinks, Logan
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Fake nursing diploma scheme in Florida; 25 arrested
- US military has shot down the Chinese spy balloon off US East Coast, US official says
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Don’t put dogs in truck beds, Utah Humane Society says