Police release video of Provo MTC shooting, hope for more information
PROVO, UT — BYU police have released never before seen security footage of the 2020 shooting that took place at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo. The police are asking the public for information on this now cold case.
The video shows a white Subaru pulling up to the front gate as well as the lower half of the shooter. The security guard, who did not sustain serious injuries, fled to safety as the shooter fired nine rounds at the booth from 20 feet away.
The shooting took place on Aug. 3, 2020, and according to officials, took place sometime in the middle of the night, at the main MTC security booth located at 2005 N and 900 E.
Anyone with information about the MTC shooting can contact BYU police at 801-422-0911.
Today’s Top Stories
- How to have the best of both worlds for your house | Home security and curb appeal
- More human remains discovered in Lake Mead’s receding waters
- Speed Week on Bonneville Salt Falts is called off due to flooding from rain
- Thousands of dead fish are washing up along a California river. It’s because of a…
- UPDATED: Shots fired at indoor swap meet in West Valley City
- UPDATE: Flood advisory for portions of Salt Lake Valley and Davis County
- One dead, five hurt in head-on crash at Bonneville Salt Flats
- President Joe Biden officially cleared to emerge from isolation following rebound Covid-19 case
- Utah company, Lions Not Sheep ordered to cease “made in USA” claims
- Amber Alert canceled, missing boys from Price found in Elko, Nevada