Police release video of Provo MTC shooting, hope for more information
PROVO, UT — BYU police have released never before seen security footage of the 2020 shooting that took place at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo. The police are asking the public for information on this now cold case.
The video shows a white Subaru pulling up to the front gate as well as the lower half of the shooter. The security guard, who did not sustain serious injuries, fled to safety as the shooter fired nine rounds at the booth from 20 feet away.
The shooting took place on Aug. 3, 2020, and according to officials, took place sometime in the middle of the night, at the main MTC security booth located at 2005 N and 900 E.
Anyone with information about the MTC shooting can contact BYU police at 801-422-0911.
Today’s Top Stories
- When it’s this cold, keep your pipes from freezing. Here’s how.
- The road home is in need of donations and volunteers this winter
- South Jordan could see new housing development
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Why is there an increase of wildlife in SLC neighborhoods?
- Freezing weather causes delayed start for Cache County School District schools
- Monday morning’s cold temperatures nearly set new records
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Head on collision reported, State Route 73 closure