CRIME, POLICE + COURTS
Police release video of Provo MTC shooting, hope for more information
Aug 3, 2022, 2:10 PM | Updated: 2:11 pm
PROVO, UT — BYU police have released never before seen security footage of the 2020 shooting that took place at the Missionary Training Center (MTC) in Provo. The police are asking the public for information on this now cold case.
The video shows a white Subaru pulling up to the front gate as well as the lower half of the shooter. The security guard, who did not sustain serious injuries, fled to safety as the shooter fired nine rounds at the booth from 20 feet away.
The shooting took place on Aug. 3, 2020, and according to officials, took place sometime in the middle of the night, at the main MTC security booth located at 2005 N and 900 E.
Anyone with information about the MTC shooting can contact BYU police at 801-422-0911.
We want to hear from you.
Have a story idea or tip? Send it to the KSL NewsRadio team here.
Today’s Top Stories
- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints announces site of North Carolina Temple
- KSL’s Doug Wright to host final movie show program, continues with long-time host Andy…
- The streaming shift from BYUtv to ESPN
- Candidates starting to line up as potential replacement for Rep. Stewart
- SLCPD: One person in custody following fatal stabbing
- Davis schools remove Bible from certain school shelves
- Avalanche clean up underway in Little Cottonwood Canyon after “major” Utah winter
- China’s soured milk and its impact on Utah’s dairy farmers
- SLC Ballpark ‘Next Design’ competition winners announced
- Congressman Chris Stewart announces resignation