UTV accident in Beaver County claims the life of a Colorado man
BEAVER COUNTY, Utah — A 79-year-old man from Colorado died Saturday after a UTV accident near Big John’s Flat in the Tushar Mountains.
The Beaver County Sheriff’s Office was notified of the incident at 12:05 p.m. When emergency personnel arrived on scene, they discovered the victim had already passed away. There were no other injuries reported in incident.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, the victim was with other UTV riders on a jamboree out of Marysvale. Friends and family of the victim were also in the group.
The group was travelling on the Paiute ATV trail at the time of the incident.
The identity of the victim was not identified.
- Two wildfires burning in Beaver County
- DWR increases fishing limits at 6 waterbodies due to drought impacts, pond repairs
Today’s Top Stories
- Weather causing delayed starts for several schools across Utah
- Herd of elk pushed away from I-80 and moved back into mountains
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- Frigid temperatures delaying some school start times
- Jordan High student killed in Sandy crosswalk by school bus
- Governor Spencer Cox signs transgender bill, releases statement
- Schools, commute delayed by early morning lake effect snow
- Three vehicle crash in Sanpete County leaves one dead
- Man suspected of kidnapping and beating a woman in Oregon may be using dating apps to evade police
- Man throws Molotov cocktail at New Jersey synagogue in arson attempt, police say