Utah is the 10th most active state in the country, according to study
SALT LAKE CITY — Utah is the 10th most active state in America, that’s according to an article by topnutritioncoaching.com.
Devan Chavez, of the Utah Division of State Parks, says everything Utah naturally has to offer is the reason for the high ranking.
“The sky’s the limit when it comes to outdoor recreation at state parks in most places across Utah,” he said. “So, it’s no surprise to me that we made that top 10 designation. Personally, I would’ve like to see us a little higher. I think we deserve it.”
The article says states that are known for their mountains, winter sports and outdoors usually rank near the top of the list. Montana and Vermont are the two most active states, according to the study.
However, major metropolitan areas where people walk and bike on a regular basis can also rank well. Washington, D.C. was third on the list. The study found the least active states are in the southern part of the country, with Mississippi coming in last.
And if you plan to get out this Labor Day weekend and be more active in the state, Chavez has some tips.
“Be courteous and kind to one another,” he said. “And do your best to stay safe, clean up after yourself. Wear your life jacket, your helmet and have a blast.”
Mark Jones contributed to this article.
- New study finds Utahns eat third most hamburgers in the country
- Study finds SLC has recovered from pandemic better than other cities
- Study finds Japanese is most popular takeout in Utah
Today’s Top Stories
- Missing girl from Arizona found in West Valley basement
- Elk herd again on the move near Foothill Drive and Parley’s Canyon
- UHP arrests man suspected of trafficking New England teen
- Five Common Causes of Cervical Cancer – and What You Can Do to Lower Your Risk
- A Utah lawmaker and her sister at odds: Should rape victims need to contact police before…
- Utah County attorney says he’s been wrongly accused of cannibalism
- Intermountain’s 40-year study provides insight into weight-loss surgery
- Over 20 arrested in Utah County human trafficking sting, 3 victims rescued
- Court says gun law targeting domestic violence suspects is unconstitutional
- Utah mom shares grocery budgeting tips